Maximize Home Value With an Upgraded Garage Door
Ask any homeowner if their house is completely upgraded with nothing left on the “honey do” list, and nine times out of ten, the answer will be “No.” Homeownership is terrific, of course, but homes are a continual work in progress, and determining which upgrades to make and which project to prioritize can be difficult. In this article, we’ll discuss the ROI of garage door installation and how upgrading your old, worn-out garage door is a fantastic investment! But first, let’s take a closer look at what ROI actually means.
What is the ROI of Garage Door Installation?
ROI stands for “return on investment,” which refers to the financial gain homeowners can expect from investing in a certain home improvement project. It goes beyond thinking about what obvious benefits come with the completion of a project and delves into the financial aspects of the project as well. Evaluating ROI answers the questions:
- What economic benefits will I gain from this project compared to the initial cost?
- Is this a profitable and valuable project to invest in?
- Will this project generate returns efficiently?
- Does it make sense to proceed with this project?
So, when considering whether or not to invest in a new garage door, the ROI of garage door installation is an important aspect to consider! The good news? Garage door installation is one of the leading home improvement projects in terms of ROI.
The ROI of Garage Door Installation: What the Research Says
According to the Cost vs. Value 2022 Report completed by DASMA (Door & Access Systems Manufacturers Association International), garage door replacement ranked #1 out of 22 home improvement projects when comparing ROI! The ROI of garage door installation is 93.3%, which means a new garage door practically pays for itself.
Garage door installation beats kitchen and bathroom remodels, window replacements, new decks and siding, and more. Choosing which home improvement projects to complete first can be challenging, but the fact is, the ROI of garage door installation will always make an upgraded garage door a perfect choice. The investment required for a new garage door installation is nearly 80% less than the cost of most other exterior home projects. A new garage door packs a punch with the lowest cost and most significant impact on curb appeal.
4 Factors That Impact the ROI of Garage Door Installation
- Extra Insulation- Insulated garage doors make a home more energy efficient by cutting down on energy consumption. Less heat and air are required to warm and cool your home when extra insulation is added to your garage door. This lessens the wear and tear of your HVAC system and is a great selling point for potential home buyers if you choose to sell.
- Garage Door Material- Choosing an aesthetically pleasing design and durable garage door material for your new installation will increase the ROI of garage door installation. Steel, for example, is an excellent choice because it’s long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Successful Installation- Never attempt to install a garage door on your own! Besides being dangerous due to its size and weight, a professional installation will reduce the risk of damage to the door during installation.
- Routine Maintenance- Finally, investing in regular garage door maintenance will improve the ROI of garage door installation. Schedule yearly tune-ups and a trained technician will inspect your garage door system, clean the tracks and sensors, lubricate moving parts, and perform safety and balance checks. This will increase the door’s lifespan and, in turn, provide a greater ROI.
Invest in Your Home With a New Garage Door Installation
Aside from the financial benefits gained from the ROI of garage door installation, replacing an old garage door offers many benefits that will improve your daily life. Make a garage door installation your next home improvement project, and enjoy:
- Increased Safety, Security, and Convenience
- Improved Energy Efficiency and Reduced Utility Bills
- Enhanced Curb Appeal and Home Aesthetics
If you’re interested in learning more about the ROI of garage door installation, or you’re ready to move forward with a new garage door installation near Billings or Butte, MT, our team at Alpha Overhead Door is here to serve you. Schedule an appointment today!