We’ve all been there. You’re running late, frantically grabbing the keys, spilling coffee, and running out the door. Then, your garage door won’t open and you’re just about ready to scream. We understand that at this moment, you need a service professional right away. You don’t have time to wait around for garage door repair. At Alpha Overhead Door, we’re passionate about prompt service done right the first time. We offer emergency garage door repair so that we can prioritize calls that desperately need us. After years of experience and training, our service team are experts in garage door repair. We’ll figure out the problem and get your garage door back up and running in no time.
What Can I Do at Home?
There are some troubleshooting steps you can tackle while waiting for garage door repair. If your garage door refuses to open, follow these steps:
- Check the garage door opener. See if the garage door opener’s light is on. If not, ensure you aren’t having electricity issues. Also, sometimes there are locks that accidentally get turned on which disconnect the garage door opener. Make sure there’s not a lock engaged on your opener.
- Take a look at the safety sensors. Clean the photo eyes, remove any obstructions, ensure the two sensors are aligned, check that the wiring isn’t damaged, and make sure the LED lights are on.
- Inspect your garage door springs. It may be that you have a broken garage door spring. Take a look around your garage for any parts out of place. If there’s a broken garage door spring, that’s the reason your garage door won’t open. Don’t try to open the garage door again and don’t touch the spring. Leave it to the experts at Alpha Overhead Door.
Types of Garage Door Repair
- Garage Door Spring Repair
- Garage Door Cable Replacement
- Garage Door Opener Repair
- Garage Door Roller Replacement
- Garage Door Out of Track
- Commercial Door Repair
No matter what type of garage repair you need, our team at Alpha Overhead Door can confidently handle it. With consistent training, we keep up with the best methods for garage door repair. Alongside thorough, focused repairs, we offer excellent customer service that prioritizes communication with you.
5 Reasons Your Garage Door Isn’t Working
- Blocked Photo Eyes: The safety sensors prevent your garage door from closing on anything underneath it. This could include kids, pets, or large objects, such as a car. It’s vitally important that your safety sensors work, because if not, severe injury or damage could occur. That’s why, when your safety sensors are out of commission, it may stop your garage door from moving
- Disrupted Power Source: As mentioned above, if your garage door opener is not connected to power, your garage door won’t open. This has an easy solution: find a way to turn the power back on!
- Broken Spring: Among the most common reasons for garage door repair is a broken torsion spring. When springs break, they make a loud, gun-shot-like noise. If you hear this, it’s important that you don’t touch the spring. Give us a call and we’ll provide garage door spring repair.
- Damaged Cables: Cables tend to fall out of their drums, rather than snap entirely. They work closely with springs, so it may be that you need both cable and spring repair.
- Garage Door Off Track: If you notice that your garage door is not in sync with the track, it’s important that you stop using it. The rollers may have been displaced, which we can repair.
- Damaged Garage Door Opener: If your garage door opener is old or damaged, it may stop working. If you’ve already determined that there are no electricity issues and your opener hasn’t been locked, it may be that your garage door opener needs to be replaced. We can recommend the best garage door openers on the market and take care of the installation.
Garage Door Repair Near You
If you’re searching for garage door repair in Yellowstone County MT, Alpha Overhead Door is ready to serve you. No garage door repair is too big or small for us. Our emergency garage door repair services are always available for those in precarious situations. Contact us today for garage door repair near you!